Monday, July 12, 2010

there's this boy.

whose eyes are dark brown. and who is still in elementary school.

...on a different continent. who speaks a different language. and who completely stole my heart.




Josue.




2007.
he found me every chance he got at the church. he was the church's baby. everyone held him. loved on him. and did everything he wanted:)

2010.
i couldn't believe how big he has gotten. i gave him a picture of me and him from my last trip. he was pretty excited but wouldn't dare show it. he wanted me to hold him. and when i did...his legs hung down my body. and i loved it. he is growing. so fast. and it makes me want to spend so much more time with him. and pour into his life. but i trust this...if He doesn't send me there for good...He will put someone into his life that will pour. and love. and keep his trust. i am sure that my God will provide that.


and my favorite moment with Josue...meeting his mom. who wanted her picture taken with me. my heart was full and is full just thinking about it. and when i hugged her neck that was tired. and worn. and browned from the sun. i knew in that instant...i was exactly where He wanted me.


i didn't have a chance to say bye to him. and i still get sad thinking about it. but i trust my Daddy let his sweet little heart know that one day...i will be back. and will hold him even then.










1 comment:

Sister2Sister said...

I know just how you feel. A.B. and I met a child Juan in Bulgaria and he stole out heart. When we left he was not there. But I was kinda glad, so he wouldn't see us cry.