Wednesday, March 10, 2010

13 years. africa and legacies.

today it has been 13 years since I hugged my sweet Granny.

today marks 13 years that she has been dancing around with our Savior.

today marks 13 years since the day I just do not like to think about.



I talk about her often because she deserves to be talked about.

I love people because she taught me how to.

I never have to worry about being supported in missions because of the people she influenced, preached to, and left a legacy for.


And I have a burden on my heart for Africa...because we used to talk about it.


This past year, my burden for certain African countries has grown tremendously and I can't explain why except He is up to something:) I will tell you the first time my heart skipped a beat for the less fortunate. (And I smile just thinking about how Jesus allowed me to remember this)


Sitting at Granny's kitchen table.

She was reading to me out of encyclopedias. (yes, we are that cool)

She placed a basket on my head and made me walk around like that for the rest of the day.

Showing me...what it was like to live in Ethiopia, having to walk miles to get water.

And from that moment on...my heart has not been the same.



So because of her, I love the way Jesus loves me.

So because of her, I will live out a life that other people are scared to think about.

And because of her, I will share the Gospel with my atheist professors. ....why this one?


...because one of her hundreds of tax folks...just so happened to be an atheist psychology professor....coincedence? God-thing?...and she shared Christ with him every time she saw him. and he loved her for it. Today, he still comes to my house to get his taxes done by my mom. And he might not want to believe in my God but that never meant he didn't see His love all over my sweet Granny.


so tonight, my prayer is that I make her proud. that I make my Heavenly Daddy proud.


I pray her legacy lives on. through me. through my future children. and through their children.


oh, I miss her. but she is talking to Jesus about the revolution that is about to unfold:)

2 comments:

Hayley. said...

I love this. Your grandmother seems like she was an AMAZING woman. What a privilege to learn from her. I'm excited for what God has planned. :)

Jenna Lane said...

This blog gave me chills.