Tuesday, August 26, 2008

let it pour out.

I just don't get it sometimes.

Some people say I'm too compassionate, but is there such a thing? How can someone not care that children are dying of hunger or the man on the street corner has no home. These images haunt me; it just seems so unfair. Christians in America like to do the "right" thing. We will give to the mission fund at church or give a beggar some spare change, but are we wiling to go out of our comfort zone to share the love of Christ?

My goal in life is simple: to show the love of Christ to everyone I encounter. I want the love of Christ to "pour" out of me, so that no words are necessary the love is shown through my daily actions. The Bible tells us to show compassion. James 1:27 says, "Pure and undefiled religion before our God is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself unstained by the world."

God clearly says that we, as the body of Christ, are suppose to take care of those who cannot take care of themselves. Loving the unlovable or those who won't love us back can be tough, but Christians are called to do so.

I seek boldness- so that my light will shine for Christ.

No comments: